Senior Citizen Support
The seniors of the Indian community are an integral part of the Australian society we live in. At Indian Support Center we offer practical support to senior Indians, be it new immigrants or long term residents.
The ISC presents opportunities for seniors to interact with the community, update their knowledge on new technologies or provide support to victims of elderly abuse.
Under the Digital Literacy programme for Seniors ISC conducts free computer classes twice a week for all members of the community over the age of 50. The course is designed as an opportunity to develop or update skills to use new technologies. Be it social media, the new age mobile apps, access to essential services or conducting personal business, this course would enable the elderly to navigate the online world.
Elderly abuse is a very much true phenomenon and needs to be addressed. If you are facing a situation that may cause harm to you or any senior that you know of, don’t feel ashamed. Always seek help. The Indian Support Center will assist in any manner possible.
- 24-hour Helpdesk Support for victims of elderly abuse in the Indian community
- Case review, general advise and options for resolution
- Referral to other agencies (legal, immigration, family services) for timely support and resolution of issues
- Free computer classes for anyone aged 50+ in Hindi and other Indian languages
- Participation in Community level events and volunteering
COVID-19 Community Information Dashboard
For community information during COVID-19 crises